Discover Brisbane’s First Brow and Skin Specialist Beauty Salon
Welcome to our very first blog. We are so excited to be sharing some of our combined knowledge and information to you. Each week we will delve into different topics, such as skin care ingredients, conditions and treatment solutions that our beauty salon offers. Also, the perfect brow, lash perming and lifting and many other subjects that we hope you will enjoy, however firstly let us introduce ourselves to you.
The Brow and Skin Studio was established in 2005 in Ashgrove by our owner Sherril Dalitz, who although had been in the profession many years, was still very passionate about her first love, brows and skin ( funny that, must be where the name came from!) Sherril first started in Cosmetics in one of the department stores, and while loving this side of beauty, realised there were so many skin conditions that were constantly being covered up with makeup rather than being treated, She felt there was so much more to do and learn, with her passion ignited and a determination in place decided skin and brows were her thing…… This is where the journey began and one of the first specialised brow and skin studio’s opened in Brisbane.
At that time the mainstream beauty salon typically offered all services, Manicure, Pedicure, Body Massage etc. however Brows were starting to become a life force of their own and realising the importance and beauty of this feature when done well. The Brow and Skin Studio became widely recognised as the go-to place in Brisbane for great brows. Never forgetting that skin was, and always will be a major priority for us, we wanted to bring the best of the best treatments to our salon and was incredibly proud to be the first Beauty Salon in Brisbane to introduce Light Therapy treatments in 2008.
Meet Our Our Newest Staff Member
Rhiannon studied beauty and makeup in Sydney and has touched on many different facets of beauty, however has found makeup, Skin treatments and eyebrows are her passion, being able to encourage clients to love the skin they are in is really rewarding. Brows and skin can be every woman’s most attractive feature and loves it when our clients reach their full potential. She has worked in top salons and medispas in Sydney and Canberra and has seen a lot of brows, the good the bad and the ugly, and was determined to fix the ugly, one brow at a time!!
The Benchmark in Light Therapy
OMNILUX was then and still is along with Healite II the benchmark in Light Therapy. Developed as a medical device to treat Non-Melanoma skin Lesions and with technology from NASA these incredible machines have worked their magic on so many skin problems, restoring not only beautiful skin, but skin Health as well, but more on that later.
A new approach to skin health
Having been in the beauty industry for some time, a quiet revolution was taking place, things were quickly changing in leaps and bounds, from a time when the routine of Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturising were thought enough, to the introduction of AHA’S, Retinals, Vitamin C and other great ingredients which made a real difference to skin and instantly altered the way to approach and treat, and although this was a game changer, the most important focus for Sherril was to keep Clients well informed, educated and to provide the very best skin products, treatments and results, attention to detail was everything.
Our other advanced treatments
Many other advanced treatments were added including Cosmelan, the No1 depigmenting treatment worldwide, Collagen Induction, Mesoeclat to name a few, also we introduced OBSERV a unique diagnostic device that sees damage deep within the skin, how amazing is that?? Think pigmentation ( did you know you only see 40% of your pigmentation on your face, the other 60% is lurking underneath like a very unwelcome guest, just waiting to come through) and with Summer just around the corner a timely reminder to be aware of the damage too much sun can cause., the number one enemy of skin, and Yes while we absolutely need our Vitamin D, a great sunscreen is vital.
With its longevity we would like to think The Brow and Skin Studio has become a bit of an institution in Ashgrove, knowing our commitment, passion and enthusiasm are still firmly in place, we continue to look forward to looking after the local community and beyond.